Free support through to course completion
To help apprentices and trainees get through their apprenticeship or traineeship successfully, we offer a range of support. We can assist you in navigating workplace issues, personal issues and training issues.
Our confidential hotline is available to apprentices, trainees and employers for:
- Advice on managing any problem or issue
- Referrals to specialist services
- Book in-person appointments with our mentors if the matter requires further attention. Book a mentoring appointment here.
We have a team of expert mentors trained in a range of social supports to assist with complex matters in-person. The team focuses on alleviating any problems affecting an apprentice or trainee completing their contract successfully and will assist with:
- Mediating work issues
- Providing impartial support and advice to apprentices, trainees and employers
Our Engagement team undertakes regular progress contact for apprentices and trainees. These can be in-person, phone call, email surveys and SMS check-ins.
What is discussed?
The focus is on ensuring that training progress is being made and identifying areas where additional support can be provided. Topics of discussion may include:
- The wellbeing of the apprentice/trainee
- Issues on or off-the-job
- Financial concerns or training needs
- Incentives, Living Away from Home Allowance, Trade Support Loans
- Mentoring support
- Updating contact information
When will these occur?
In the first year apprentices/trainees can expect contact from the ASA Engagement team:
- 10-14 weeks after the commencement of the training contract
- 6-9 months – in-person visit
- 9-12 months – another phone check-in
For apprentices and new worker trainees with training contracts over 12 months in duration, additional contact is made:
- 12-24 months – minimum of two contacts made via SMS check-ins, email surveys or phone calls.
- 24-30 months – a face-to-face visit
- 30-36 months – another phone check-in
What do apprentices/trainees need to do?
- Keep contact information up-to-date.
- Participate in wellbeing check-ins and surveys.
- Respond to progress contact calls and requests.
Learn at Lunch
We’ve put together some super useful resource kits for our trainees and apprentices, so you can make sure you have everything you need to not just get started, but to become the next rising star as you venture into various industries. We have some fantastic online events, videos and more to keep you in the loop about all the latest info.